Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Awakening from slumber...


It takes 9 months to make a baby.  So, after 9 months on hiatus from blogging on the subject of stepfamily, here is the birth of the newest blog.  I could say that it was because of having our sweet little Isabella Grace (our first “ours” baby), or because we’ve been busy, or I’ve been taking care of my mom while she has been battling cancer, or just because I’ve had a few hang nails that bother me when I type.  Truth is- well it’s all true, but no excuse!

Looking forward to sharing with you the challenges we ‘ve faced over the last 9 months.  Isabella Grace has made quite the addition to our clan!  I look forward to sharing with you all about that.  God has blessed us with many opportunities to pray and spend time with folks who are living in “Step-ville”, and walking this road with us.  Much has been gleaned from those conversations. 

Another area where I am really excited to explore is the topic of Loving well.  Tomorrow I begin making the trek up to Rockford for Tuesday Morning Bible study to begin “Loving Well” by Beth Moore.  I have always realized that we don’t get a pass card on Loving in this life and circumstance that we are in.  There are no conditions to loving as Christ, no excuses (I hate that at times!)  So I am praying that the Holy Spirit will teach me and change me, and I promise to be brutally honest with you about the process!

Pray with me as I explore some conversations regarding stepfamily living and relationships.  Especially pertaining to girls and their response to moving forward in acceptance of the new life thrust upon them.  Why is it that boys seemingly accept this quicker and more easily?  Why do Step-moms get a bad rep just because they try to love their husband’s children?

Look for a new blog this week!  And again, I’m sorry, it’s been far too long…

No comments:

Post a Comment